Thursday, July 10, 2014

Comic Strip Battle Report part 1: Dying in the Nostromo 2!

A Space Hulk battle report in comic form.

I'm a great fan of webcomics, reading daily Schlock MercenaryPVP and a few others, so I've always wanted to try my hand at drawing and writing one.

However I fast realized that drawing a comic would be out of my current abilities, so I would need to use photos. I had the opportunity to play a Space Hulk game in the fantastic board of my friend Philippe Morino so I took a lot of pictures for a photo battle report.

This is part 1 of the tale. You can click on the pictures for a bigger view.






If you arrived here : the battles in the Hulk are played using modified Second edition 40K rules and profiles, which means that the stealers are really deadly in close combat... if they can reach it! Usually Philippe plays the stealers in a dungeon master like role, while a group of players, each with a squad of terminators tries to survive and complete the mission objectives.

I'll try to publish the next part soon, probably next week as I compete in the French National X-Wing Championship this week-end.

Don't hesitate to comment, this is a new art form for me. I'm really open to suggestions for improvement.

Time to reload!
Ica


No comments:

Post a Comment